One very strong influence that ‘Mumbai’ has had on my palette is the love for garlic. If I had lived in the town where I was born, then I think I would not have realized the wonders of garlic. I am so damn glad that I did.
I love everything garlicky…it’s like an aphrodisiac for my taste buds. Is garlic actually an aphrodisiac? hmmm let me google it…oh it sure is!!!
So if you think that having something intensely garlicky (like this particular recipe) will leave you with a bad breath and lonely, then think again. Just make sure that your significant other eats it too.
Ahemm… back to the chicken…. so it’s an easy marinade. Just some garlic paste…not just, lots of it with some lime juice, herbs and oil. Leave the chicken to marinate for at least 4-5 hours. Season and roast in the oven and voila!!!
If you love garlic, you have to try this.
Garlic Chicken Recipe
Makes: 5 drumsticks
- Chicken drumsticks (without skin)- 5
- Garlic cloves- 10
- Coriander leaves- 3 tbsp
- Chilli powder/chilli flakes-1/2 tsp
- Oregano- 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil- 2 tbsp
- Lime juice – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder- 2-3 pinches
- Salt to taste
- Makes gashes in the chicken drumsticks.
- For the marinade, add garlic, coriander leaves, chilli powder, oregano and oil in a blender and blend till smooth. Add the lime juice.
- Rub onto the chicken, into the gashes as well.
- Cover with cling film and marinate for 4-24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Before roasting, preheat the oven. Add salt and pepper to the chicken.
- Roast in the oven at 230°C or 445°F for about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.