I had come across this GM diet a year back. It’s a 7-day diet plan which is supposed to detox your body as well as make you lose weight as a bonus. Now there are hundreds of reviews out there. Some claim that it really works, making you lose anywhere between 2-5 kgs while some claim that it makes you gain more weight once you are back to your normal eating habits. Some say its unhealthy as the food choices are restricted especially proteins on some of the days….blah blah blah.
So I decided to give it a try, honestly I had done it before, very religiously and I lost 2 kgs, not bad if you ask me. The last day involves brown rice and veges and fruits for vegetarians so I though why not make something that I keep craving for. Oh ya it says to restrict salt and all that but cumon, I can’t take it that far. Its not like I am eating processed foods.
So brown rice, veges…something I crave for regularly…Indo-Chinese. So my new GM diet approved recipe was born – brown fried rice.
It was easy, quick and really satisfying (says me and not my family…they are not into Chinese food…whatever).
So I took out the biggest kadhai (Indian wok like thing) and tossed in a hell lotta veges, Chinese sauces and voila…yummy…yummy plate of rice.
Oh ya before I forget, I am not claiming anything in regards to GM diet, if you do go ahead with it, do not come back yelling at me if it doesn’t work. You can thank me if it does. 🙂
GM diet or not, these brown fried rice are worth a shot. You might not even miss your regular rice…maybe.
- Brown Rice, dry -1.5 cups (soaked for 3-4 hours)
- Oil (any vegetable oil)- 1.5 tbsp
- Garlic, finely chopped 4 cloves
- Ginger, finely chopped 1/2″ inch
- Green chillies, cut into two lengthwise-2
- Onions, thinly sliced 2 large
- Green beans (french beans), cut into 1″ pieces-1/4 cup
- Carrots, julienne – 1 large
- Cabbage, julienne -1/2 cabbage
- Spring onion, finely chopped- 1 cup
- Soy sauce- 2 tsp
- Green chilli sauce- 1 tsp
- Schezwan sauce – 2 tsp
- Rice vinegar 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
To serve: soy sauce, schezwan sauce and vinegar with green chillies
- Cook the brown rice according to instructions on the pack. Let them cool and refrigerate till ready to use.
- Heat oil in a wok/kadhai on high flame.
- Add the garlic, ginger and green chillies.
- Add the onions, spring onion whites and sauté for a minute.
- Add the beans and carrots and sauté for 3-4 minutes, then add the cabbage and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked brown rice and mix well to combine.
- Add salt, soy sauce, green chilli sauce, schezwan sauce and the spring onion greens.
- Add the vinegar and switch off the flame. Toss well.
- Serve hot with soy sauce, vinegar with green chillies and schezwan sauce.